CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF AT THE REGIS SCHOOL.
Professional development for all staff at The Regis School is recognised as central to improving the quality of learning and achievement for our students. All staff are entitled to access continuing professional development (CPD) and are expected to take personal responsibility for their own professional development. At The Regis School we believe effective CPD is a learning opportunity which enables staff to keep their skills and knowledge at the cutting edge of practice, keep up to date with changes and developments in the curriculum and further enhance their pedagogy. It encourages innovation based on knowledge and research, and, most importantly, enables staff to be the best they can be in order to provide the very best provision for our young people.
To ensure CPD is effective we encourage staff to select from a range of strategies to best meet their individual learning needs including
- A subject-specific CPD programme
- Observing others teach and sharing good practice through Research Learning Communities
- Having a ‘coach’ or ‘mentor’ to guide development
- External courses and further learning ie Masters degree or the NPQ programmes
- Contributing to sharing practice through Teachmeets and briefings
As a result of staff being able to personalise their CPD, we are able to create the right opportunities for staff, which in turn will support the school’s relentless drive to raise standards in teaching and learning, providing the very best provision for all of our young people to succeed.