Why Choose Us?
OFSTED 2017: A 'GOOD' SCHOOL WITH OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AND OUTSTANDING PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND WELFARE
The Regis School is an Academy, part of United Learning. Our motto 'The Best in Everyone' permeates through our 'Regis 10', a set of shared values between students, parents and staff.
As a Rights Respecting School we ensure that our ethos is driven by the UNCRC articles and give our school a unique climate that includes all children whilst expecting the highest standards of achievement and attainment.
We do this by providing:
- a strong transition programme, both socially and academically
- continuity in high quality learning from 11-18
- a curriculum tailored to individual needs that enables all to succeed
- ever improving outcomes in respect of public examination results including our best ever results this year with 62% of all 6th form results being A*-A (or equiv.) and at GCSE 59% of students achieving 5 grades at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
- a Progress 8 score in 2019 that is the highest of any non-selective schools in the local area (within 15 miles)
- high quality and engaging teaching
- a rewards system that encourages students to be their best
- a 'warm and strict' behaviour policy that ensures best behaviours in classrooms and around the school
- a dedicated and determined staff team with a great balance between experience and youth
- a range of dedicated staff who provide specialised support that enables children to engage in their learning including a Health Manager, Heads of Years, a Counsellor, a Careers Advisor, Learning Mentors, Teaching Assistants and an Education Welfare Officer
- a strong leadership team supported by passionate Governors who support the school in setting and reaching challenging targets in all areas of our work
- outstanding facilities for all aspects of school life … classrooms, workshops, laboratories, sports facilities, a library, a lecture theatre, dance and drama studios
- a huge range of extra-curricular activities … sports clubs and fixtures; music, art and drama workshops, productions and exhibitions; revision and catch-up sessions; master classes for able students; access to competitions in all disciplines
- visits which take students to museums, exhibitions, workplaces locally and in the south of England; trips to Europe and America; residentials to Wales; and activity days
- a horizontal system for tutoring from years 7-13 where there is a focus on academia whilst continuing to provide excellent support for students' well-being
- Frequent reports to parents and regular access to tutors and teachers
The Regis School seeks to serve its community and to ensure an inclusive and welcoming learning environment where students of all faiths, backgrounds and abilities are valued and respected.
Here are some of our Year 7 student quotes:
I like the PE in this school, there are a range of sports, you can choose your groups and the facilities, like the pool, Arena and astroturf are really good. Leo Radford 7L
The canteen food is really nice; the pizza is particularly good! Roxy Manchee 7L
I chose the Regis School because they help charities and they are Golden UNICEF. This is important to me as I really want to be able to help other people. Caitlin Diston 7L