Why Choose Us?
OFSTED 2017: A 'GOOD' SCHOOL WITH OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AND OUTSTANDING PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND WELFARE
The Regis School is an Academy, part of United Learning. Our motto 'The Best in Everyone' permeates through our 'Regis 10', a set of shared values between students, parents and staff.
As a Rights Respecting School we ensure that our ethos is driven by the UNCRC articles and give our school a unique climate that includes all children whilst expecting the highest standards of achievement and attainment.
We do this by providing:
- a strong transition programme, both socially and academically
- continuity in high quality learning from 11-18
- a curriculum tailored to individual needs that enables all to succeed
- ever improving outcomes in respect of public examination results including our best ever results this year with half of all 6th form results being A*-A (or equiv.) and 57% of students achieving 5A*-C grades including English and Maths, up 13% on previous years.
- high quality and engaging teaching
- a rewards system that encourages students to be their best
- a zero tolerance behaviour policy that ensures best behaviours in classrooms and around the school
- a dedicated and determined staff team with a great balance between experience and youth
- a range of dedicated staff who provide specialised support that enables children to engage in their learning including a Health Manager, Heads of Houses, a Counsellor, a Careers Advisor, Learning Mentors, Teaching Assistants and an Education Welfare Officer
- a strong leadership team supported by passionate Governors who support the school in setting and reaching challenging targets in all areas of our work
- outstanding facilities for all aspects of school life … classrooms, workshops, laboratories, sports facilities, a library, a lecture theatre, dance and drama studios
- a huge range of extra-curricular activities … sports clubs and fixtures; music, art and drama workshops, productions and exhibitions; revision and catch-up sessions; master classes for able students; access to competitions in all disciplines
- visits which take students to museums, exhibitions, workplaces locally and in the south of England; trips to Europe and America; residentials to Wales; and activity days
- a vertical system of tutoring for years 7-10 which ensures small groups, a family atmosphere, and all students being known, supported and challenged
- a horizontal system for tutoring fro years 11-13 where there is a greater focus on academia whilst continuing to provide excellent support for students' well-being
- Frequent reports to parents and regular access to tutors and teachers
The Regis School seeks to serve its community and to ensure an inclusive and welcoming learning environment where students of all faiths, backgrounds and abilities are valued and respected.
Here are some of our Year 7 student quotes:
The Regis School is an amazing school with lots of different opportunities for each and every child. I am very happy to be here!
I thought straight away that I had chosen the right school. The teachers welcomed me well and so did my tutor. I thought I am going to love The Regis School!
I really love The Regis School, it is so open and light and all the staff and other students have helped me settle in well