Why Choose Us?
OFSTED 2017: A 'GOOD' SCHOOL WITH OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AND OUTSTANDING PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND WELFARE
The Regis School is an Academy, part of United Learning. Our motto 'The Best in Everyone' permeates through our 'Regis 10', a set of shared values between students, parents and staff.
As a Rights Respecting School we ensure that our ethos is driven by the UNCRC articles and give our school a unique climate that includes all children whilst expecting the highest standards of achievement and attainment.
We do this by providing:
- a strong transition programme, both socially and academically
- continuity in high quality learning from 11-18
- a curriculum tailored to individual needs that enables all to succeed
- a Progress 8 score in 2019 that was the highest of any non-selective schools in the local area (within 15 miles)
- high quality and engaging teaching
- a rewards system that encourages students to be their best
- a 'warm and strict' behaviour policy that ensures best behaviours in classrooms and around the school
- a dedicated and determined staff team with a great balance between experience and youth
- a range of dedicated staff who provide specialised support that enables children to engage in their learning including a Health Manager, Heads of Years, a Counsellor, a Careers Advisor, Learning Mentors and Teaching Assistants
- a strong leadership team supported by passionate Governors who support the school in setting and reaching challenging targets in all areas of our work
- outstanding facilities for all aspects of school life … classrooms, workshops, laboratories, sports facilities, a library, a lecture theatre, dance and drama studios
- a huge range of extra-curricular activities … sports clubs and fixtures; music, art and drama workshops, productions and exhibitions; revision and catch-up sessions; master classes for able students; access to competitions in all disciplines
- visits which take students to museums, exhibitions, workplaces locally and in the south of England; trips to Europe and America; residentials to Wales; and activity days
- a horizontal system for tutoring from years 7-13 where there is a focus on academia whilst continuing to provide excellent support for students' well-being
- frequent reports to parents and regular access to tutors and teachers
The Regis School seeks to serve its community and to ensure an inclusive and welcoming learning environment where students of all faiths, backgrounds and abilities are valued and respected.
Here is what some of our current Year 7 students have to say:
I think the Regis school believes you can achieve anything you want and they care about us. Maddie
I like the PE in this school, there are a range of sports, you can choose your groups and the facilities, like the pool, Arena and astroturf are really good. Leo
The canteen food is really nice; the pizza is particularly good! Roxy
I chose the Regis School because they help charities and they are Golden UNICEF. This is important to me as I really want to be able to help other people. Caitlin
The Regis School is a school tht gives the students skills that will take them far in life. Lottie
The Regis is one of the top schools becuase of these features.........no bullying, good GCSE results and a lot of space. Hannah / Luke / Lillia
The Regis is good because it gets you very ready for later life. Louise and Amelia
I picked the Regis because I heard the sport was good and that’s what I want to exceed in. Max/Harrison