The Health and Wellbeing Manager is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and health of all the students in the school.
Under that umbrella of care, the components of that role is:
- To offer and manage the emergency first aid service to all students and staff during the school day.
- To ensure the service is administered within Health and Safety guidelines, and the first aid training requirements of staff are current.
- To provide one to one support to students and parents to promote inclusion into school.
- To play a supporting role in providing advice and support to students and staff as one of the designated members of the child protection team.
- To maintain records and provide safe keeping of treatments/drugs and confidential information.
- To support students with medical conditions and implement and review the care plans for student with Diabetes, Asthma and Epilepsy etc
- To initiate a whole school healthy lifestyle agenda and lead strategies toward health promotion within PSHE and staging of events e.g. Heath Fair and First Aid Courses.
- Liaise with Area Health Authority and other professional care providers on dental/doctor appointments, vaccination programmes, hearing and sight tests and the implementation of support required for the well being of the students.
|It is a privilege to be able to play a supporting role in a young persons life. Every student has the capacity to instigate changes and improvements to their health and wellbeing and I see it as my role to try to provide the right key to open their mind to thisStephen Fenner - Health and Wellbeing Manager.