Arena Sports Centre
The £5 million Arena Sports Centre caters for a wide range of indoor and outdoor sporting activities.
From children's fencing to football, climbing to kayaking, dancing to self-defence! Whether you want to join a team, have coaching or just wish to play recreationally, these facilities are on site to be used by both students and community.
The Arena not only offer sports, but also have a wide range of other activities including yoga, languages, computing, cooking and many other activities you can think of!
The Arena was one of the Sport England's 'Best practice' sports centres, this in part is due to it's fantastic facilities, but mainly due to it's atmosphere - It's welcoming to everyone, with an extensive programme which caters for all ages.
The Arena Facilities Include:
- 3G All-Weather Pitch (floodlit) - The 3G All-Weather Pitch is a third generation synthetic surface with rubber infill that can be used for as three hockey training areas or one full sized pitch, three six-a-side football pitches or one full sized football pitch, as well as other sports that can be played on the surface. It has the highest quality floodlighting & is available for hire from 8.00am-9.30pm during the week & 8.00am-6.00pm during the weekends. Click on the sports or activities to take you to the relevant information.
- Main hall - the superb main hall has a double sprung beech wood floor and has seating for up to 800 spectators. With capacity for up to six badminton courts; six short tennis courts; two 5-a-side football pitches; two basketball courts; one national league netball court or a combination of these. Other activities that the hall can be used for are gymnastics, trampolining, martial arts, dance shows, antique fairs, wrestling & boxing competitions, conferences, archery, indoor cricket, as well as many other events.
- Fitness suite - recently refurbished, this 80 workout station gym has the state-of-the-art Cybex equipment, it is open from 6.45am to 10pm weekdays, and 8.30am to 6pm weekends. Qualified instructors are on hand to give excellent tuition and guidance.
- Swimming pool (25 metre) - The Arena Sports Centre has a 25 metre indoor swimming pool, it is designed for lane swimming & private hire for swimming clubs & other swimming pool usage.
- 3G Football pitches (3x five-a-side) - These pitches provide 3 x 5-a-side floodlit third generation synthetic football pitches. The surface is a 50mm pile height carpet with sand and rubber infill. Underneath there is a 15mm thick specially designed shockpad. It feels very similar to playing on grass so football boots can be worn for extra grip.
- Five floodlit tennis courts, which can also be used as three netball courts.
- Climbing wall - Our wall is one of the largest in Southeast England with overhangs, traversing wall, & being over 9 metres high it can challenge all ages & abilities. There is also over 50 metres squared of bouldering walls.
- Dance studio - the Arena boasts one of the best dance studios in the area. It can hold in excess of 40 people & is light and airy with a fantastic double sprung floor, as well as being air-conditioned. Many different activities are used in this space including aerobics, yoga, street dance and martial arts.
- Meeting & Conference rooms (four) - The Arena Sports Centre hosts many meetings & conferences throughout the year from your local company with four delegates through to National Governing Bodies with over 400. They can offer catering facilities including teas, coffees, cold refreshments, buffet lunches, etc for your delegates.
- There are also extensive grass pitches including football, rugby, athletics, rounders, etc.
- Car & bus parking - The Arena Sports Centre has over 200 car park spaces, 8 disabled parking bays & the capacity for coaches to load & unload. ALL COMPLETELY FREE!